Hunger is far from being eradicated. On the list of the world’s top 10 health risks, hunger continues to occupy the first position. One out of eight people go to sleep hungry every night. Food being the most basic necessity for survival is still a struggle for over 800 million people. We at Cheemy.in feel that only when that basic need is fulfilled that individual can think further about growth, education, better living conditions etc. The goal is to help address the most basic and essential need. We dream to see a world where there are no more hungry children; a world where there are no deaths due to starvation.
We Support Sustainable Development Goals.
World Hunger Facts
- World Population 7.7 Billion
- Today there are 821.6 million people who are chronically undernourished. This is more than the 785 million in 2015, although still down from about 950 million in 2005.
- 99% of the world’s undernourished people live in developing countries. ----- Asia: 513.9 million* | Sub-Saharan Africa: 239.1 million* | Latin America: 34.7 million*
- Women and girls make up 60 percent of the world’s hungry.
- There are about 20 million low birthweight infants born each year, 96.5% of them in developing countries.
- Nearly half of all deaths in children under 5 are attributable to under-nutrition. This translates into the unnecessary loss of about 3 million young lives a year.
- Globally, the number of children under 5 who suffer from stunting is down to 149 million. In 2018, Africa and Asia accounted for more than nine out of ten of all stunted children in the world.
- 50 percent of hungry people are farming families.
- Globally, at least 2 billion people use a drinking water source contaminated with feces, and 785 million people lack even a basic drinking-water service.
- By 2025, half of the world’s population will be living in water-stressed areas.
- Each year, some 297,000 children under 5 die due to diarrhea. Poor sanitation and contaminated water are also linked to transmission of diseases such as cholera, dysentery, hepatitis A, and typhoid.
Take action today. Shop from a for purpose business. Pledge to become a supporter of the Global Goal 2 : Zero Hunger.